Saturday, January 12, 2013

Yoga Inspiration

Lately, I have had yoga on the brain.

No-- not bikram yoga... Although it is a good form of exercise, it lacks in the diverse and spiritual side of yoga, which are equally as important as the physical aspects of it.

I remember my junior year of high school, I did bikram yoga four times a week the entire year. As I memorized and mastered all of the 26 poses, I gained flexibility and a false sense of pride. When I finally branched out and went to one of the more traditonal classes, I was a complete beginner, and realized how little I could actually do physically with hundreds of different poses that have been accumulated over thousands of years.

After months of skipping yoga and focusing on rock climbing, I am back! I am getting my PE credits outside of school with my yoga membership. I need 68 hours by mid June (i'm sweating just thinking about it)...

Here is a little inspiration for you to branch out into wherever you are in your yoga practice-- even if it is nonexistent. :)

 
Love, Isabella

No comments:

Post a Comment