Wednesday, February 25, 2015

Mango Sorbet

Hey readers!

This is my first recipe blog in almost two years, so I hope that you enjoy it as much as I enjoy eating this recipe. Seriously-- You can't even tell that it only has two ingredients...

There is a woman who comes into the restaurant where I work who always orders our strawberry mango smoothie without the strawberries-- this leaves just the frozen mango bits, and juice. I water-falled the leftovers into my mouth before washing out the blender like I usually do (hey, don't judge-- free smoothie samples, duh), and realized that this woman is a damn smoothie genius! So simple, yet so satisfying-- why didn't I think of that?! :-)


Here's the recipe:

  • 1 cup frozen mangos
  • 1/3 cup lemonade, apple, or pineapple juice
** I use a fancy-ass Vitamix, which is basically the Ferrari of blenders. If you using a lower-grade blender, then you might have trouble blending this into a sorbet consistency. Just try stopping the blender every so often to mix everything around, and keep on grindin'! Also, try adding in a little bit more juice, and it can be a mango smoothie-- just as delicious, I promise!

Turn it into a strawberry-mango sorbet by adding in a few frozen strawbs!
  1. Add in frozen berries and liquid
  2. Blend
  3. Add in more juice if needed to make smooth.
  4. Enjoy!
____________________________________

Thanks for reading! If you end up giving this recipe a try, please let me know how it goes, and if you spiced it up with anything different! :-)

Also, if you're a local Portlandian, head on over to my Facebook page (link in the bar above) to check out my teaching/subbing schedule, as well as to find my class playlists!

Namastizzle, peeps!

Isabella

A shot of my dear friend Kate and I playing in Cathedral Park. Photo by Justin Watts Photography.


No comments:

Post a Comment